The Xbox app is available on 2022 Samsung Smart TVs and lets you play hundreds of Xbox Game Pass titles available in the cloud, such as Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon 5 or even Microsoft Flight Simulator, without owning a console.
Read also: Playstation – VRR on PS5: all the info
The game in streaming
Like Google Stadia, game streaming does not require a console, everything happens on cloud servers. It is about enjoying a title while connected to the Internet without having to download it on your computer, tablet, console or television. Everything happens in the cloud. the the game is actually installed on a server remote that the user accesses through their Internet connection. To take full advantage of this service A good internet connection is required especially if you want to play in 4k and 60 fps.
What you will need
Play Xbox titles on a Smart Samsung TV 2022 now it is possible:
- To access the Xbox app, you will need a Samsung Smart TV from 2022.
- To play the hundreds of cloud-enabled titles in the Xbox Game Passyou will need an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription (€ 12.99 / month)
- If you are not a subscriber and want to try the experience before signing up, you can play fortnite for freewithout an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription.
- Almost any Bluetooth controller will work with the Xbox app, such as Xbox Wireless Controller, Xbox Adaptive Controller, Xbox Elite Series 2 or Xbox Controller DualSense.
How to sign in to the Xbox app?
You can access the Xbox app on a Samsung Smart TV from 2022 in two different ways, depending on where you live.
- In some countries, you can access the Xbox app through Samsung’s new Gaming Hub. Go to the Gaming Hub via the UI, launch the Xbox app and you are good to go.
- You can also go to the Samsung app store from Media Hub, search for Xbox on download the application to your TVthen launch it to start playing.
Is streaming gaming the future?
As with cinema and series with subscriptions on streaming platforms, the video game industry also tends to this development. No more consoles, P.VS play ! A simple screen, an application, and a good internet connection (fiber) should do the trick. We are always in the dematerialization of supports. The revolution is not for tomorrow, because of technical constraints (very high speed Internet) but also because people are attached to the physical (games for example for exchange or resale).
We will also remember the fashion they wanted to sell us with 3D TVs… Big flop.
Only the consumer will be the judge of this technology!
Have fun and see you soon!