A few days after the announcement of the arrival of Horizon Home with the Quest and Quest 2 v41 update, Meta now gives us the full description of this update and we can say that it is substantial!
Meta Horizon House
In this release, Meta Horizon Home, your personal VR social space, comes to early access. With your new home VR, you will now have a central location where you can:
- Invite your friends and family to hang out together as avatars
- Talk to them using spatial audio
- Coordinate and launch supported multiplayer experiences together
Watch Oculus TV with friends in Meta Horizon Home
Challenge the distance between you and your friends or family and share experiences watching Oculus TV with friends in Meta Horizon Home, where you can do things like:
- Plan a virtual movie night for your friends and check out Lionsgate feature films (US only)
- Travel into space and discover life on the International Space Station
- Get a front row seat at an on-demand concert for you and your closest friends
Introduction of a first suite of parental supervision tools. Teens initiate a request for their parent or guardian to supervise their account. Parents can accept these requests from the Oculus mobile app. Once parental supervision is set up, parents can access the following features:
- The parent will be able to block specific apps that may not be appropriate for their teen, thus preventing the teen from launching those apps. Applications that can be blocked include applications such as web browsers and applications available in the Meta Quest Store
- Parent will be able to approve adolescent child’s download or purchase of an application that is blocked by default based on their IARC rating
- Teens 13 years of age or older can send an app access request, which triggers a notification to parents
- The parent can then approve or deny the request from the Oculus mobile app
- The parent will be able to see all the applications his teenager has
- Parents will be able to receive “purchase notifications”, alerting them when their teen makes a purchase in VR
- Parents will be able to see the time on the headset screen from the Oculus mobile app, so they know how much time their teen spends in VR
- Parents will be able to see their children’s Oculus friends list
- The parent can block Connection And air connection which will prevent her teen from accessing her PC content on her Quest headset
NOTPlease note that parental supervision tools will be rolled out gradually.
Windows 11 Link / Air Link beta support
Improved performance and stability for using Link and Air Link with Windows 11 systems.
- The solution using the console window is no longer needed
App library filter and sort settings
Added a new panel in Settings that allows you to control the default filter and sorting in the app library.
The deployment will be gradual
We have improved color accuracy for Oculus Home, System UI, and other 2D panel apps for Meta Quest headsets. We have also provided a color space setting that allows you to choose how you want the colors to appear on the headset in these areas. You can check out the new color space options in your panel Experimental parameters.