Minecraft welcomes pre-release 2 of version 1.19
Since the arrival of the Wild Update in Minecraft, the developers at Mojang Studios have been constantly making some changes to the cubic title. This time it is the pre-release 2 of version 1.19.1 with mainly, once again, changes regarding the game chat.
For this week, Mojang Studios decided to retrace his steps by making the decision to postpone the release of Minecraft version 1.19.1 in an attempt to solve some rather big problems.
As of this writing, the developers haven’t set a new release date yet, but they have released it. pre-release 2 of version 1.19.1 in which, once again, the game chat but also the reports have undergone changes. Among the latter, the ability now for players to see the signing status of chat messages.
Minecraft 1.19.1 version 1.19.1 patch note
Changes made to the preliminary version 2
We have added the ability to see the status of chat message signatures. This way, you can easily find out if a server changes or removes the security of its players’ message signatures.
Chat trust status
- Messages that are not signed with the Secure Chat system, or that have been modified by the server, will now be marked
– Messages with a missing or invalid signature are marked as “Unsafe”.
– Messages detected as modified are marked as “Modified”.
- The trust status of messages is displayed by both a colored indicator and an icon.
– The colored indicator is always visible
– The icon is only visible when the chat screen is open.
- Hovering over the icon provides more information about the trust status.
– For edited messages, the original secure text will also be displayed in the tooltip.
Pre-release 2 technical changes
- Chat types added to the chat_types log are now only used for player chat, not system messages.
– System and game_info chat types have been removed.
- The chat types have been simplified and are only needed to set up the chat and narration decorations.
– Chat types no longer support overlaps
– A system message must be used to view the overlays.
- MC-253112 Game output console is logged with warnings about chat packets with invalid signatures when using entity selectors in commands.
- MC-253121 Entities and other sources of non-player related chat messages appear as players on the Select Chat Message to Report screen.
- MC-253493 Report category descriptions may again overlap the “Description:” subtitle.
- MC-253495 Field selection boxes in the “Select Report Category” menu list do not contain a white outline when selected using the TAB key.
- MC-253497 Entities and other non-player chat message sources are displayed in the “Social Interactions” menu.
- MC-253501 Long messages in the “Select chat messages to report” menu can go beyond the selection boxes and scroll bar.
- MC-253517 Online players cannot connect to offline server due to “invalid profile public key signature”.
Since the arrival of the Wild Update in Minecraft, the developers at Mojang Studios have been constantly making some changes to the cubic title. This time it is Release Candidate 1 of version 1.19 with changes mainly concerning the game chat.