Predict the fatty acid composition of rainbow trout at low cost by Raman microspectroscopy.
© E. Prado
the fish (Pisces is a constellation of the zodiac crossed by the Sun from 12 to 18 March …) it is the main source of long-lasting polyunsaturated fatty acids chain (The word chain can have several meanings 🙂 omega 3 in the human diet, the beneficial effects of which on health are known. We are currently using the chromatography (Chromatography is an analytical chemical separation technique that can be …) in phase (The word phase can have different meanings, it is used in different fields and …) gas for the identification and quantification of these fatty acids. But its high cost and length of analysis make it ineffective in phenotyping a broadband connection (The term broadband (or broadband from the literal translation of the Anglo-Saxon expression …) necessary for genetic selection programs for farmed aquaculture species.
SYSAAF and CNRS scientists / Support and University of Rennes 1 Research (Scientific research primarily refers to all actions undertaken with a view to …) ScanMAT, theInstitute (An institution is a permanent organization created for a specific purpose. It is …) chemical sciences of Rennes and the Institute of Physicist (Physics (from the Greek φυσις, nature) is etymologically the …) de Rennes therefore proposes to use Raman microspectroscopy which he specifically adapted to the identification of these biological molecules. A non-destructive, fast and inexpensive method, they show that it is particularly reliable for recognizing and quantifying these fatty acids. For this and in order to obtain a significant variability of the composition in acid (An acid is a chemical compound generally defined by its reactions …) adipose tissue, 268 rainbow trout, object of the study, were fed various foods with very different compositions of fatty acids, ranging up to one food vegetable (Classical scientific classifications group under the term plant …) which is completely missing. The comparison of the composition evaluated by chromatography (CPG) with that resulting from the analysis of the Raman spectra showed a good result reliability (A system is reliable when the probability of fulfilling its mission over a period of time …) of this method for the detection of total polyunsaturated fatty acids, omega 6 and omega 3 (EPA, DHA) present in the sampled tissue *.
This study, which demonstrates that Raman spectroscopy can be used to predict the fatty acid composition of rainbow trout adipose tissue, could now allow us to consider their high phenotyping. debt (A flow allows you to measure the flow of a quantity relative to a unit of time through …) necessary for genetic selection programs. Results to be found in the newspaper Analytica Chemicala Acta.
* In fish, lipids accumulate in the liver (The liver is a strange and asymmetrical abdominal organ, housed in humans in …), muscles, perivisceral and subcutaneous adipose tissue. the the adipose tissue (Adipose tissue (fat mass)) perivisceral was chosen in this study because its fatty acid composition is close to that ofanimal (An animal (from the Latin animus, spirit, or vital principle) is, according to the classical classification, a …) whole and this fabric is available in Quantity (Quantity is a generic term of metrology (account, amount); a scalar, …) sufficient for chromatographic analysis. In addition, it is a fairly homogeneous tissue for which contamination by muscle proteins or blood (Blood is a liquid connective tissue made up of free cell populations, including the …) they are limited.
These works are the fruit (In botany, the fruit is the plant organ that protects the seed ….) a collaboration between SYSAAF, ScanMAT, ISCR, IPR, INRAE (AgroParisTech, Univ Pau & Village (Paese derives from the Latin pagus which designated a territorial and tribal subdivision of extension …) Adour, PEIMA, Univ. Of Rennes 1), IRMAR (Agrocampus west (West is a cardinal point, opposite to east. This is the direction towards …)Rennes) and the company Les Sources de l’Avance (Aqualande Group, Roquefort) as part of the project (A project is an irreversible commitment with an uncertain result, not reproducible to …) OMEGA TRUITE (European Maritime and Fisheries Fund, n ° PFEA47 0017 FA 1000008).
Prado, E .; Eklouh-Molinier, C .; Enez, F .; Orator, D .; Blay, C .; Dupont-Nivet, M .; Labbe, L .; Small, V .; Moreac, A .; Taupier, G .; Haffray, P .; Bugeon, J .; Corrazé, G .; Nazabal, V.
Prediction of fatty acid composition in rainbow trout Oncorhynchus mykiss using Raman microspectroscopy
Analytica Chemicala Acta 2022
– Virginie Nazabal – Researcher at the Rennes Institute of Chemical Sciences – virginie.nazabal at univ-rennes1.fr
– Stéphanie Younès – Manager Communication (Communication concerns both man (intrapsychic, interpersonal communication, etc.) – Institute of chemistry (Chemistry is a natural science divided into several specialties, a …) from CNRS (The National Center for Scientific Research, better known by the acronym CNRS, is the largest …) – inc.communication on cnrs.fr
– Anne-Valérie Ruzette – Manager scientific (A scientist is a person who devotes himself to the study of one or more sciences and who …) for communication – CNRS Institute of Chemistry – anne-valerie.ruzette on cnrs.fr
– says Christophe Cartier mill (A mill is a machine for grinding cereal grains into flour and, by analogy, …) – Researcher (A researcher (female researcher) refers to a person whose job is to do research …) at the Institute of Molecular Chemistry in Paris and Project Manager for scientific communication at the INC
– inc.communication on cnrs.fr
Did you like this article? Do you want to support us? Share it on social networks with your friends and / or comment on it, this will encourage us to post more similar topics!