As you know, American director Oliver Stone will be attending the Quebec City Film Festival this week.
Known for his political films (jfk, w, Nixon), Oliver Stone is a fan of conspiracy theories.
Friend of Vladimir Putin and admirer of Hugo Chavez, a socialist so inept as to bankrupt Venezuela (the country with the largest oil reserves in the world), director of cult films Platoon And Wall Street he has a penchant for conspiracies of all kinds and likes to believe that reality is never what it seems.
I imagine him making a film about François Legault …
LEGAL: THE TRUTH!
The scene takes place a few days after the CAQ elections in 2018.
In a dark office, two shadows talk to each other. They are François Legault and Simon Jolin-Barrette.
“Mr. Prime Minister, your strategy worked! You managed to make everyone believe you were a federalist!
“The Liberals voted for us too, can you believe it?” “
Both men laugh.
“Now that you are elected, Prime Minister, you must take advantage of your majority to open the doors! What are we doing ? We unilaterally declare independence, are we preparing for a third referendum?
“Woah, Woah, Simon, calm down… No, I have a better plan. A Machiavellian plan, which will put people on our side and allow us to do what Bourassa did not dare to do …
– What ?
“We’ll take it easy …
“But … why, Mr. Legalault?” You have free rein, the opposition is disorganized, people love you! On the contrary, you have to work twice as much, hit the accelerator!
– No, no, you are too young, Simon, too impulsive … You will invent two laws for us, one on language and one on secularism.
– OK …
“But make sure they are timid laws, not too harsh. For example, for secularism, he proposes a law that goes less than the Drainville Charter of Values.
– That is ?
“Did the PQ want all civil servants to remove their religious sign?” Let’s say our own law will only apply to officials in positions of authority. And add a grandfather clause …
– And for the language, he reassures the British by saying that we will not apply law 101 to cegeps.
– But you see, Mr. Legalault, it makes no sense! This is…
“Tssssssssss, Simone! Do what I tell you …
“But what’s the plan?”
– You’ll see, even if our laws don’t go very far, Canadians will fall apart. They will tear their shirts, insult us, threaten to fight our laws in court.
– Yes is… ?
– And there we can say to the Quebeckers: “Look, even with hyperthymide laws, there is nothing to be done, Canada does not want to know anything! There is only one way: separation!
Simon Jolin-Barrette’s face lights up.
“But … But that’s fantastic, Mr. Prime Minister!”
– Isn’t that it? Serve me a gin and tonic … “